A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Sunday 1 January 2012

A positive start to the creative New Year.








A positive start to the creative New Year. I signed up for a free workshop with Strathmore Artists Papers, and a workshop called 'Doodles Unleashed' with instructor Traci Bautista. I have watched the first video, and decided to make a start this afternoon. I worked on some old white cotton sheeting instead of paper, and used silk paints in a spray bottle, with stencils, and followed this with some fabric crayons, and white gesso painted thinly onto embossed paper which I pressed into the fabric surface. When it has all dried and been 'heat set', I shall start stitching into the piece.

Before lunch, I had a lovely leisurely walk with family, and took these photos.


This view seemed like a reminder to keep my creative focus for the next twelve months!



These tree roots made me chuckle, maybe another reminder about friendships, and how important it is to value them all.


And finally, a reminder to look for the beauty in everything, even when things seem to be decaying or changing, there is always a silver lining. We just need to look that little bit harder.

5 comments:

  1. Great results Cath. I love the colours and textures. The tree photos are inspirational. Too wet for any walking here today. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Cath.
    I so admire your creativity.
    Ros x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year too Cath and I look forward to enjoying your wonderful art work. Ro
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone, for your positive comments. I will post more pics after I've added the stitching.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!