A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Tuesday 18 October 2011

Funky fun, bird and egg table mats.



Funky, bird table mats and coasters! I made three thermofax screens from my sketches, and printed with a discharge paste onto some black cotton sateen. I made each print, three of each bird, and six eggs into a quilt sandwich, and then free machine quilted with some cream thread. I've backed them with fabric gifted to me from New Zealand. They are fun, and will look good on the table, especially when the grandchildren are visiting! I also still have the screens, so I can print more funky birds and eggs.........maybe some curtains to match?........I think not, but they could be used for some fun cloth bags.

4 comments:

  1. They would look lovely on any table. Great screens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like these Cath. Looks like embroidery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are amazing Cath! I haven't had much success with discharge paste.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!