A few more additions to my small book of Fantasy Beetles! I don't know what is giving me more fun, the sketching and stitching of these weird creepy crawlies, or making up their names!
Above and below are two samples that I have altered with acrylic and fabric paint. The bottom one started out as a photograph I took of a lobster pot on the beach at Ferring, then manipulated in photoshop, printed onto some cotton fabric, then added the paint. The piece above was taken from a length of fabric that I had breakdown printed in a teal colour, and have also overpainted in acrylic/fabric paint. Not sure what I'm going to do next, but I'll post more pics when I've finished with them.