A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Tuesday 31 May 2011

June Journal Quilt.

My Journal Quilt for June is a Paper Lamination. I decided to use the paper side on this occasion, because I liked the texture, and wanted to draw into it with black ink. Again, I have used tribal art as my inspiration, and sketched patterns from cloth, matting and wood carving from the Pacific islands. Using this side also meant that the text was backs to front, but this isn't important, as long as there is text somewhere. This is the criteria for the next four months, to use text somewhere on the quilts. I also cut away some of the paper from the letters, so that the backing fabric showed through. I finished off by quilting with some copper thread.

1 comment:

  1. Great combination of techniques. A really striking piece.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!