A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Wednesday 9 March 2011

Taking a line for a walk.


I have been thinking about a couple of projects that I want to be involved in. I started by looking through some of my older sketchbooks, and came across a page with the above ink line drawing. I don't remember why I did it in the first place, but on studying it again, it reminded me of hair. I started to play around with the shapes, and my following doodles show how I have developed this idea, finishing with a piece of work that used free motion machine stitching .This is really just a first trial for an idea that I hope to develop further.

  


This is the second piece of work that I am developing  for a different project. SPIDERS!!! I can't as yet reveal any details, but if my idea works out I will eventually be able to show the finished piece. I stitched these by my favoured free motion machine stitching technique, using an embroidery hoop, white cotton fabric, and black thread. I think they look almost real!!!!!!
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Great how going back into previous ideas can spark new ones. Those spiders are definitely looking real.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!