A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Sunday 16 January 2011

KAIROS exhibition

KAIROS is a small group of women artists that I belong to, and we are having an exhibition of our work at The Corner Gallery, Carshalton Beeches, starting on Wednesday 19th January. Apart from the art work that we are exhibiting, and hopefully selling, we are raffling the sea themed wall hanging you see here on the left. It is being raffled in aid of The Smile Train charity. Six of us have made a panel each, and one of us has in fact made two, giving seven in all. It has been put together to make a panel 50"x10", and looks fabulous. You can contact the gallery for tickets or more information.


Below is a selection of the work that I will be putting into the exhibition, but there will also  be ceramics, oil paintings, acrylics, photography and some installation work by the othe KAIROS members. More information on this exhibition can be found on the gallery website above.









5 comments:

  1. Looks like being a good exhibition Cath. I do hope that you get lots of visitors. If I hadn't left Surrey I would have been able to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful work Cath. I would love to stop by, but its a bit far. I hope you have lots of visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you maggi and Cookie, I hope so too.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!