A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Thursday 8 July 2010

Finished Hanging!

If you look back at my post for 17th February you'll see the pieced quilt top that I had constructed from the hand dyed fabrics produced on my C2C workshop. Well, having looked  and pondered over it for the last few months, I decided against the discharge work on the dark areas, and instead, appliqued some extra dark pieces onto the lighter areas, and then used three colours from some markal sticks to colour  areas of the dark strips. I've also heavily quilted the whole surface, but used the markings of the lighter areas to dictate the patterning, and used sraight lines on the plain surfaces. Hopefully some of this quilting will be visible from the close-up photos below. 

2 comments:

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!