On Friday we also started to experiment with Tray Dyeing. I must have been having a "petrol blue" day, because my first piece was pleated up in a cat litter tray and then dyed this colour. My second piece, a whole metre was arranged in the tray by artistically scrunching it up. This time I decided to go for some punchy colours, so I used a combination of magenta and rust orange. Colours I remember being fond of using together in the 60's when I was at Art College. Today, I ripped half of the pleated piece in half, and have overdyed it in the tray again with three more colours! I've done the same with the metre piece, and divided it into three, keeping one as the original colour, but tray dyeing the other two with a different selection of
dyes. They are still sitting in their dye solutions, so I'm hoping for some exciting results this time. More later!