A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Wednesday 17 February 2010

Dyed and pieced.....what next?

This is the result of piecing some of my recently dyed fabrics. I shall be taking it to my next Wet'n wild C2C workshop on 5th March. I'm not quite sure yet what I will do with it, but I would quite like to do some discharge work on the plain dark areas.                                                                                                                 

3 comments:

  1. WOW Cath, an amazing piece of work...Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this, and I actually really like the contrast between the larger dark areas and the dyed parts. The bottom part looks darker to me than the top parts and I really love that - dark brown against green yellow and orange contrast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your positive comments, Jan and Emz. I hope you will still like it when I've played around with it a bit more!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and prefer to reply straight away on the same page, that way it feels more like a friendly chat!