A blog about making art and other things using cloth, paper, paint, colour, stitch, and all sorts of exciting techniques, some of which I'm sure I still have to discover! I hope that the joy all this gives me is visible in what you can see here.

Sunday, 31 January 2010

To frame, or not to frame!!! Sunday 31st January 2010

It seems that sales of my work at The Corner Gallery are going well, four pieces were sold yesterday. However, I have a dilemma.

Some of my work is more traditionally put together, three layers sandwiched together with batting, edges bound and the surface quilted. These wall quilts are for display, rather than for the bed or as a throw or lap quilt.

It seems though, that customers who have shown an interest in them would prefer them to be framed. In fact, one was sold yesterday ( see image above), but on the condition that the Gallery have it framed first! The additional cost doesn't seem to be a problem, but I just wonder if this is something I should consider doing in the future!